Tired of lugging around your smartphone everywhere you go? Want something smaller without compromising on efficiency? Well then, rejoice! Samsung Electronics has announced a new addition to their ever-expanding Galaxy series – the Galaxy Pocket.
What is it?
Measuring 103.7×57.5×12 mm and weighing only 97 grams, the Samsung Galaxy Pocket offers a stylish yet portable option for those of you looking for a new smartphone. It also provides you with the opportunity to own a smartphone without burning a hole in your pocket.
- Boasts of a slim design with a 2.8-inch LCD display and QVGA (240×320) resolution.
- Powered by an 800 MHz processor.
- Features Android 2.3 OS (Gingerbread version) and an upgraded TouchWiz user interface that allows for smooth navigational experience.
- Comes with a rear 2 megapixel fixed focus camera.
- Internal user memory of 3 GB can be expanded up to 32 GB via SD memory card to store applications, music, videos.
- Samsung’s ChatON cross-platform communication service makes it easier to connect with others and share content.
- The Galaxy Pocket’s Social Hub allows you to see your IMs, social network and e-mail communications in a single inbox for your convenience.
- Access to Google Mobile Services, Android Market, Gmail, YouTube and Google Maps.
- In-built stereo FM radio with RDS.
- Supports MPEG4, H.263, H.264 file formats.
- Includes accelerometer and digital compass.
- Connectivity options include Bluetooth v 3.0, USB 2.0 and Wi-Fi.
- 3.5mm ear jack provided for audio output.
- Standard 1,200 mAh Li-Ion battery.
Efficient yet cute, the Galaxy Pocket from Samsung is a must-have for those budget-conscious individuals who are looking for the right smartphone. It is expected to hit the UK markets later this year. Be sure to grab yours!